Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Birthday, Princess Camryn!

Wow. I can hardly believe it, but today Camryn turns 4! Can it be true? Can my first baby really be a "kid?" According to the calendar (and to her), the answer is YES!

Camryn is really into princesses right now, and insisted on having a princess birthday party. So yesterday, a few of her closest girlfriends came over to celebrate with a princess luncheon, complete with a pink castle cake and tiaras for all!

I'm pretty positive that Brian fought the urge to run more than once, but he stuck with us, and helped me decorate our house in all pink, serve pink parfaits and strawberry drinks, among other things, and entertain five giggling 3- and 4-year old princesses. Such fun!

Her Royal Highness checking out her princess hair and makeup

Camryn of course, wore her Cinderella "gown," and we even curled her hair and applied a little lip gloss...something Mom only lets her do on special days.


Baby princess, Aubrey got into the dress-up action too. They don't make princess gowns in size 12 mo, so a fluffy pink tutu just had to do! :)

Decorating tiaras and wands.

Lunch with the ladies

A little princess attitude...


Such good princess manners!

We ended the afternoon with the piece de resistance, a giant, pink castle-shaped cake. (I am NOT a cake decorator, and was quite proud of creation!) Chocolate cake with cherry frosting, yum! Camryn loved it too, which of course was most important!

Blowing out her candles...

Happy Birthday, Princess Camryn! You are so loved by your mommy, the Queen, your daddy, the King, and your little sister, Princess Aubrey, as well as the rest of the kingdom. May your fifth year be perfectly, royally, pinkalicious!

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

A big birthday wish for princess Camryn! What a sweet party you threw for her.

MacDonald Family said...

It was such a great party!!! Maren can't stop talking about it! Thank You!!!

Will and Sandy said...

The perfect pink party for the pretty princess! Happy Birthday, Camryn!

Unknown said...

That is an amazing birthday party! WOW!!!! She looks pretty, darn, good in her Cinderella dress and lip gloss!!! :):) Sounds like fun!
-Sarah Doan

Mama Flores said...

Very Cute. Wait...is this kind of crap I am going to have to plan if I have a little girl? I don't know if I am ready for that. Yeah, I hope that she likes obstacle courses and low crawling.