Thursday, July 2, 2009

Dinner Conversation

Camryn has been thinking a lot about babies lately. Enough to begin to ask some questions. So far, we've been able to get ourselves off the hook without answering anything directly, but I know it's coming. Here are a few recent examples:

Conversation #1:
Camryn: What's your belly button for?
Mom: It's for tiny babies in their mommies' tummies to get food.
Camryn: Is that where they come out? Did Aubrey come out of your belly button?
Mom: Um, no.
Camryn (walking away and mumbling to herself in a befuddled sort of way, while shrugging shoulders): Then where's the hole...?

Conversation #2 (at dinner):
Camryn: How does a baby grow in your body?
Dad: It just does.
Camryn: Does it get there because you eat a lot of food?
Mom: Uh, no.
Camryn: Well, how does it get in there?
Mom: Do you want some more chicken...?

2 comments:

Will and Sandy said...

I absolutely loved your and Brian's comments! I got a chuckle out of you two:)

Unknown said...

That's funny. The best way to avoid a conversation is to change the subject!!


Sarah Doan