Yes, I'm serious. She literally had a dream. She woke up on Sunday morning, bursting with excitement. "I had a dream, Mom! The kind where you think it's really real, until you wake up and find out it's really not real! It was awesome! I dreamed that I opened a present on Christmas, and it was......." (wait for it...), "A Taylor Swift guitar! It was so beautiful! Ahhhhh..." (Falling backwards onto her bed.) "I could just go back to sleep and keep dreaming about it all day...)
No dramatization needed. My kid had seriously dreamed up a gift. And so she ran straight to her desk and started furiously writing her letter to Santa. Later, I printed some holiday stationary for her to recopy onto, and there it was. Her letter to Santa. All brought on by a dream. I just hope Santa can deliver on the image she's built in her head...

The scanned version is a little difficult to read, but her inventive spelling is pretty good, and I have to say, her punctuation is impressive. :) Here's what it says:
Dear Santa,
Can you pleas get me these?...
1. Talr Swift gatar
2. Beooty Sulon set
3. Joody Moody moovy
4. Big kids prs (purse)
From Camryn Bailey, Age 6.
P.S.
I have ben good!
My elf is Twinkl!
Mary Crismis!
Ho, Ho, Ho!
No comments:
Post a Comment