Tonight was a first.
We got a phone call. At home. In the evening. From Camryn's teacher. Luckily, Brian was the one who answered, because I'm not sure I would've heard anything she said after "Hello," being that I'd be stuck on the fact that we were receiving a phonecallathomeintheeveningfromherteacher!
She said she was calling because she just HAD to tell us a story about Camryn's day today. This is the teacher who sent us the "tights" story, and who emailed me a photo at work when Camryn decided that cherry chapstick was just as good as lotion for dry cheeks in the winter time. (Yeah, let your mind go wild with that image!) She gets a good kick out of our girl, and it's certainly a good thing for all of us involved!
She said that in Reading class today, they were discussing and brainstorming "long I" words. As they compiled their list, the district Superintendent happened to walk in and sit down in the back of the room to observe. (Um, hello!?!? Nothing like the Sup to get a teacher's heart pounding!) It was just then that Camryn's hand shot up in the air. "Oh, oh! I know one!" Mrs. Cox called on Camryn to share her "I" word.
"How about 'wine'? Like the kind my mom drinks!?"
Mrs. Cox's eyes glanced over to the Big Boss, who just shook his head and smiled, as if to say, "How do you do this everyday?" and then back to the class, as she steered the conversation to the other type of "whine."
As we laughed uncontrollably at this story, I had to hope one of two things was true:
#1-Mr. Superintendent did not know/realize that she was MY kid, or
#2-He knows the group of 5th graders I work with well enough to know why I need to drink wine at night.
Either way, I hope he thought it was as funny as Mrs. Cox did, who made a point to tell us that if she weren't paranoid about us thinking she was stalking our family, she would call us every night with a funny story about Miss C. And I believe it too. I'm just so thankful that her teacher finds her as hysterical as we do. :)
4 comments:
Love the long i story...priceless!
If it was Jack Daniel's instead of wine you wouldn't have this problem.
Timing is everything, and apparently Camryn has it. ;)
The girl is a genius...
Post a Comment