Sunday, August 5, 2012

Camping!!!


I can't believe it.  We actually did it.  After years of Brian hounding me while I avoided this particular milestone, we finally took the girls camping.  Granted, it took some serious cajoling by friends of ours, who take their 3 and 4 children (respectively) camping all the time. 

So off we went, for three days at Timothy Lake, with 6 adults, 9 kids, 2 tents, 1 trailer, 1 RV, 15 bikes, 1 dog, and 1 rubber raft in tow.  It was a site to behold for sure!

Although our experience solidified my dislike of dirt, cold, and general discomfort, we really did have fun.  The Fryes and the Harms are great people, and the kids especially had a blast riding bikes, playing in the lake, going geocaching, catching fish and crawdads, roasting marshmallows, and just generally running amok. 

Will we go again?  Brian and the girls are ready to leave again tomorrow!  For me, well...time will tell.  The lure of a trailer with running water and electricity is pretty appealing, in comparison to our tent dwelling experience.  Perhaps we'll try out a "castle on wheels" one of these days, and see if I can't just become a camping-lover too.




















1 comment:

Denise said...

Looks like fun was had by all! As much as I used to love camping, I am really glad to have discovered the 5 Star Gold Crown resorts of my current vacations:)