Thursday, December 20, 2012

Winter Showcase 2012

This year, for the first time, the girls were in the same dance class.  Their Acro I class performed Tuesday night at the Winter Showcase, and I'm not exaggerating when I say they ROCKED IT!  They were by far the best performance of the night!  :)

It was especially fun to see Aubrey in a mixed-age class.  She was the youngest, at 4 1/2, and the oldest was 12.  She was stoked when she got to be "the top of the pyramid," which I guess is a good thing, because chances are she'll always be the top!  The academy director was grinning from ear to ear as she watched the girls, and said to me afterwards, "I'm not sure we've ever had such a tiny acro performer!  What an amazing job!"

Waiting to perform...



 Tallest to smallest...

She may be little, but she's big on attitude!

Heading into a handstand...

Heading down into position for bridges...

Note the tiny crawler under the bridges...

Diving forward rolls, into high fives...

Waiting to be jumped over...


Cartwheels...

Forward rolls...

Pyramid!

Bow!

1 comment:

Mary B said...

So mad I missed it. Looks socute.