Recently, I have had the opportunity to take a few half days off from work, and join Aubrey's class on their kindergarten field trips.
First, it was off to PetSmart, and the Banfield Vet Clinic. The kids had a blast seeing the animals, doing a scavenger hunt, and hearing how an animal doctor uses Reading, Writing, Math, and Science in her job everyday. I was lucky enough to be assigned a group of four sweet girls to monitor, which meant I didn't have to worry about losing any of them (they all traveled in a huddled blob, or held hands in a "train"), but instead had to control the t.a.l.k.i.n.g.....
Fish lips. :)
Today, was the day to visit community helpers. First, was the post office. The kids got to help their teacher buy 27 stamps (oh, Lord!), then stamp and mail the letters they wrote in class. Finally, was a scavenger hunt for identifying and locating numbers in the mail room. Boy, were we a sight for some poor community members who came in just for their mail, and found...us!

Then, we went across the street to the fire station. It was so fun to see the truck up close, as well as all the firefighters' gear. The kids loved it, and I had a blast hanging out with some of the *cutest* kindergarteners in town. I do have to admit, though, when 11:30 rolled around, and it was time to get back to work, I was pretty happy not to have to tie any more shoes, take anyone else "potty," or zip any more coats. Usually, my fifth graders can handle those things on their own... ;) God bless kindergarten teachers!!! I think they must be the hardest working people around...!





No comments:
Post a Comment