Dear Camryn,
You have officially done it! You have reached the DOUBLE DIGITS! It doesn't seem possible, but it has truly been ten years since you came into this world.I remember the days leading up to your arrival as if they were yesterday. I had spent 3 long months on bed rest, feet propped up, with fingers crossed that you wouldn't arrive too early. When the doctor finally gave me the OK to get up, she assumed you'd make your entrance within hours. Instead, you once again took control of the situation, and waited a full 16 days to grace us with your presence. I knew then, that I'd have a mighty headstrong girl on my hands, and boy was I right!
On Monday, February 14th, your daddy and I celebrated Valentine's Day at Nonna Emilia's Italian restaurant, the same place we hosted a dinner for friends and family just days before our wedding. That would be our last evening out, "just the two of us." The next night, I ate spicy chicken fajitas for dinner, and went to bed around ten o'clock. About eleven p.m., you decided it was time, and at 4:18 p.m. the next day, we finally saw your little face. From that very moment on, our lives have been changed, in the best way possible. And now, ten years later, I can't even imagine my life without you in it.
So in honor of this special day, I would like to count down the TOP TEN things I love about you...my sweet, headstrong, creative, boisterous TEN year old!
#10- You love to sing. In the car, in the shower, and especially as you dance around the house. Music is a big part of who you are.
#9- You love to dance. No matter the style, the music, or the time of day, you are most happy when you are able to dance along.
#8- You have been making great strides in school. You have always been a good student, but your teacher specifically commented recently on your perseverance, positive attitude, and great gains, in Math especially. When you put your mind to something, there is no stopping you.
#7- You are learning to cook. You enjoy experimenting with food, and making meals for others to enjoy. You take great pride in making great food for our family, and I am in awe that you are ready to do such a "grown up" thing.
#6- You are an amazing artist. Doodles, scribbles, portraits, decorations, paintings, and creations grace every room in our home. You naturally want to create, which is fun to watch and participate in with you. Someday, when I am very old, I will have quite the treasure box of artwork to go back and sift through!
#5- You love to read. We have known this for quite sometime, but I love seeing you excited about longer, more complex novels. The best is when you get into a series, and voraciously read through each and every book. If ever you're having a bad day, a few minutes with your favorite book can soothe you like nothing else can.
#4-You have a beautiful smile. You are a beautiful girl, inside and out, but your big toothy smile is the absolute best. When you are truly, truly, happy, your entire face lights up and smiles, from your pink cheeks, to your big brown eyes. Your smile is a look of true joy.
#3- You are a good friend. You have your core besties, and you always will, but you have been branching out lately too...reaching out to other girls who want and need your friendship, and I admire that. You have always chosen good friends, which is not always easy to do. This is a gift.
#2- You are brave. You have had to do some things this year that you didn't want to do. Things that were scary. Things that hurt. Having surgery on your arm was a really. big. deal. You were afraid, and to tell you the truth, I was too. But despite your fear and trepidation, you soldiered on. We recognize this and are so, so, proud of your courage.
#1- You are ours. Ten years later, I can remember those days leading up to your arrival, but even more, I remember how much your daddy and I wanted you. Our family was not complete without you, and your arrival filled a big hole in our hearts. We couldn't be more proud, or love you more than we do today.
Happy birthday, sweet girl. A decade looks good on you.
Love and hugs,
Mom and Daddy
No comments:
Post a Comment