We had a special ultrasound appointment yesterday to explore the reason that my tummy is measuring larger than it should. Here's what we found out:
1. Baby Aubrey has a big head
2. She weighs an estimated 5 lb. 15 oz. right now
3. She has hair! (Yes, enough to see on the ultrasound!)
4. I have an "abundant" amount of amniotic fluid
5. It is likely that Aubrey will be another February baby, not a March one
6. I am scared to find out how big this child will be by the time she is born. Truly.
Considering the above, and the fact that I feel as though I can barely walk these days, I plan on leaving work by 38 weeks. If anything changes, or I begin progressing earlier than anticipated, the Dr. will move that date back. HOPEFULLY this will give me at least a few days' rest before Aubrey decides to make her appearance. The Dr. didn't seem to think I'd be any good at work those last few weeks before my due date. I told her I wasn't any good right now either, but she wouldn't sign that release form! :)
So, we are left to exercise our patience, and hope that I can hang on long enough to celebrate Camryn's birthday on the 16th. We'll see....!
2 comments:
My goodness! Looks like we have another little drama maker on our hands! Please remember that Uncle Dan and Aunt Lacey are always here and would love to spend some quality time with Camryn, coincidentally giving you guys a break. Call us anytime!
-Lacey
We are so excited to meet Aubrey! I hope you will be able to start your leave early- hang in there! Love you!
Post a Comment