Don't say it. DON'T say it. I know what you are thinking right now. (Internal monologue: Oh my god. Look at her belly! She looks like she's going to fall over forward! She's going to have that baby any minute now! Quick, somebody boil some water!) It goes something like that, right?
Yes, I am fully aware that at 36 weeks pregnant, I look like I'm smuggling a beach ball under my shirt. However, I assure you that there is no spare room for any summertime paraphernalia. There is barely room enough for my tummy, as it's begun to peek out from underneath my shirts lately. (This is what I've been told anyway, as I can't see it!)
Amazingly enough, according to my doctor at my appointment today, I have actually gained LESS weight with this pregnancy so far than I had with Camryn at this point. Who knew??? It must just be ALL out in front of me, because yes, sometimes I DO feel like I am going to tip over.
In any case, it sounds like I may have to keep finding ways to hold myself upright, because Dr. S. found that I hadn't progressed any more than at my last appointment two weeks ago. Camryn, Brian and I are hanging onto hope that Aubrey can wait to arrive until sometime after the 16th, at which time I will be through with work, and Camryn will have had ample opportunity to be the star of the show at her third birthday party.
If she waits much longer than that however, I may just have to bring back the "bared midriff" look out of necessity. I bet THAT would inspire some internal monologue for all of you!
No comments:
Post a Comment