Despite freezing cold August temps, and a bit of drizzle, we enjoyed some time with our playgroup at the zoo this morning. A few of my teacher friends and I co-founded the "I'm a Teacher's Kid Summer Playgroup" (as I like to call it) a few years ago to protest the notion that only stay-at-home moms and their kids can enjoy this childhood tradition. Since then, we have continued to expand and enjoy each other's company weekly during our carefree summer months.
Though we dearly missed some of our friends today, most of us were in attendance, and we continued our annual tradition of taking a group photo at the zoo. It's so fun to watch these guys grow up together. As you can see, our numbers have grown, and many of the original few now have little brothers and sisters on their heels as well. We love our playgroup friends!

2 comments:
What a great tradition. Too bad you had such a cold morning, but it looks like the kiddos didn't care.
I can't belive those pictures!!! Time has flown by!! I am already looking forward to next years picture;)
Post a Comment