Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Brought to you by the letter "X"

Since school started this fall, Camryn has had homework to do a few nights a week. Usually this consists of choosing something to bring for show and tell, or finding pictures of things that begin with a particular letter. She truly looks forward to her homework nights, and we've had fun trying to find creative ways to help her with her work.

Well, this week's letter is "x." So last night, we were brainstorming words that have an 'x' in them before we went searching.

"How about 'box'?" I suggested.

"Or, 'exercise'?" Brian offered.

After a moment's pause, Camryn responded to our suggestions with, "How about 'accessories'? That has an 'x'!"

Um. Well. Not quite. But she certainly did have the right idea. At that point, I wasn't sure whether to be more impressed with the fact that 'accessories' DOES sound like it is spelled with an 'x,' or with the fact that a word like 'accessories' even popped into her head! I mean, how did THAT happen?

Either way, I guess 'accessories' clearly beats 'box.' I sure do hate it when my three year old is smarter than me...

1 comment:

Moore Family said...

What a cute story!! We get to do the same every Sunday, have to pick something for show and tell on Monday that starts with the letter of the week!! It is always fun to get creative!