Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Getting so big!

Just in the last week and a half, both of the girls have seemed so much older. Last Saturday, Aubrey woke up and decided it was a good day to learn to get herself from laying and rolling, up to sitting. I came in to get her in the morning, and this is what I found...She was quite pleased with herself, as you can see, which meant that Brian had to spend the afternoon lowering her crib mattress. :)

It seems like she hasn't stopped moving since that morning. Shortly after, she perfected the army crawl, which apparently suits her just fine. Although I think she'd have to work a lot less hard if she'd just use her knees, her one-armed reach and drag gets her around pretty quickly. The other night I turned around for a moment, and she was instantly over to and playing in the cat's food. (Ah, another item that will need a new home at a higher elevation.)

Now that Aubrey can "get around" a little bit, the girls seem to be playing together a lot more as well. Of course, this means that we hear many more whines of "Mom! Aubrey's got my ______!" but it also means that we hear many more giggles as they laugh and pretend together. They both found it hilarious (as did we) when Camryn put Aubrey's sunglasses on for her. :)
Camryn too, seems to be growing fast, and it's not just the pants I bought her in September that are now 2 inches too short. Her pretend play is more advanced, and storylines turn at the drop of a hat. The other day, she went into my bedroom to get something, and was oddly quiet for one too many minutes. I asked her to come out to me, and she wandered into the dining room with my purse slung over her shoulder, and my sunglasses atop her head. Just like Mama. She then proceeded to direct an entire scenario in which she was the mom and I was the "kid."

We are preparing for Thanksgiving, doing some Christmas wish listing and shopping, and generally prepping ourselves for a busy holiday season. Soon after, it will be time for the girls' birthdays. 1 and 4. Where has the time gone?

2 comments:

Jessica Baker said...

Gotta love that army crawl. Dylan used that for months!

Unknown said...

Camryn takes after you with her sense of fashion! You know from the sunglasses to the purse...you have to admit it's pretty snazzy!
-Sarah Doan