Last night, as I tucked Camryn into bed and snuggled with her for a few minutes, she struck up a conversation with me out of the blue. It went something like this...
Mama, how did we get this house?
Well, your Daddy and I pay a little bit at a time so that we can live here.
So, you pay for it, and we called the builders, and they 'build, build, build' (insert hand gestures here), and then we got it?
Well, no. The house was already here, and Daddy and I kind of liked it, so we paid some money. Now every time we get paid at work, we pay a little more money for the house too...a little bit at a time.
Why?
Because houses are very expensive and so you have to pay for them a little bit at a time, instead of all at once.
(Silence. Wheels turning. Processing.)
But, I could help. I have money in my piggy bank!
You don't have to do that, sweetie. Mommy and Daddy have it under control.
But I could!
Yes, you could. But wouldn't it be more fun to spend your money on something else?
I don't know. Maybe.
3 comments:
That is adorable!
That's funny! Camryn is a very curious girl.
-Sarah Doan
So kind and considerate! Take the money and run, FAST! Just kidding. Happy house payment.
Post a Comment