Monday, December 7, 2009

Santa!


Tonight we continued our stumbled-upon tradition from last year of visiting Santa in the evening, during the school week. We had a yummy crock pot dinner waiting for us when we got home, and then it was into the Christmas dresses, and off to the mall!

After one minor meltdown, and some social skills coaching for Aubrey (no, we don't touch/pat/hit other kids we've just met), we hopped into the short line and waited to see the big guy. Aubrey was thrilled with the "snow" lining the walkway, and kept screaming, "Bubbles!!!" Camryn was much more patient, and fielded all of the compliments about her red shoes.




Finally, it was our turn. Camryn hopped right up onto his lap, while Aubrey was a little more hesitant to approach. When he pulled out the candy cane, though, she went for it!

Camryn's pick for her Christmas request this year: a bug vacuum. She saw it in a catalog, and though I believe it's meant for bug enthusiasts to collect and study specimens, her intent is to rid our house of all insects. (Where does she come up with this stuff?)

Aubrey asked for a baby doll of her very own. When it was time to thank Santa for his time and candy, I prompted her by asking, "What do you say to Santa?" to which she replied, "Ho, ho, ho!" (Silly girl...) :)

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oh my goodness they are so adorable in their little matching dresses! I love what Aubrey said to Santa, too funny.

MacDonald Family said...

I love the dresses!!! Too cute!

Unknown said...

I loved seeing Santa at the mall, always fun!

-Sarah Doan