Sunday, December 20, 2009

Winter Showcase

This week, Camryn's dance studio held their Winter Showcase performance. Though it's not the "biggie" recital that is held each spring, we wanted to make sure Camryn had her chance to perform, and went to watch and show our support. Let's just say that I'm putting it mildly when I note that we were packed into a small studio room, there were a lot of performances to sit through, that it went much longer than planned, and that Aubrey was significantly more difficult to entertain than the last time Camryn performed.

As a result, our photos and video are sadly under-representative of the excitement and talent our daughter displayed that night. :( It had already been a long school day (for all of us), it was past bedtime for the girls, our camera wouldn't cooperate, and I was woefully lacking the physical space and the extra arms needed to figure it out, while monitoring my wiggly toddler who kept whacking, kicking, and generally getting into the personal space of everyone. anywhere. near. us.

The important thing, I guess, is that Camryn had a good time. She didn't chicken out when she saw the masses in the audience, and she danced her little heart out. You just can't tell from our photo, because she was pitifully pouting at the precise moment our camera decided to finally cooperate. Oh, well. Maybe next year?

Miss Rachelle, telling the story that the girls were about to act out in their dance. It went something like this: Once upon a time, the mischievous little forest gnomes (2 and 3 year old ballet students) chased all of the animals (4 and 5 year old students) and caught them, and put them into cages. Later, the beautiful butterfly fairies (7-10 year olds) flitted into the forest to release the animals and let them dance freely and happily forever. The End.

Miss Kitty Jaguar running from the gnomes.

At the end of a long evening...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very nice! I enjoy reading and seeing pictures of Camryn enjoying her dance classes. I have always loved dance and am glad to see that she is enjoying it. :)

-Sarah Doan