Sunday, August 29, 2010

Update

Just to update those of you who haven't heard...

I went to my principal and pleaded my case about Camryn's first day of school, and surprisingly, he agreed(!) that it will be a very important day, and one that I should not miss. He offered to stand in for me the morning of the first day of school, and greet my new class. In my 'Back to School' letter to those kiddos, I explained the situation to them, so that hopefully they (and their parents) will understand the uniqueness of this situation, and will not consider me flaky, undependable, or anything else (until they have a chance to get to know me, anyway.)

I am so thrilled that I get to escort my girl into her first day of school. She on the other hand, could really care less. All she cares about is getting there. Today, she told me, "Ten days, Mom! Ten days!"

And when we got our letter from her teacher last week, her first question was, "Will you read it to me? The whole thing?" And her next question was, "Who is Collin's teacher?" So we called his mom to find out, and guess what? Those two peas will be in the very same pod this year!

Hmmm...I'm pretty sure Camryn will be just fine that first day... The question is: Do I warn their teacher now, or let her figure it out for herself...?

No comments: