Sunday, December 9, 2012
SANTA!
Recently, the girls wrote letters to Santa, and then delivered them in person to the big guy. In all honesty, they've asked for some pretty outrageous things this year, and I'm not quite sure how Santa is going to respond.
I wish I could give him some parental input. Share some insight with him, into the musings of our girls. Some background. Some reasoning. Some explanation. But alas, (sigh) he hasn't asked me. So instead, I've translated their letters into what they *I* think they *really* meant. Just for some context. Just in case he asks...
Translation:
Dear Santa,
I think I have been a very good girl, but my parents would argue otherwise lately. I'm currently having a tough time deciding whether I am a little girl or a tween, and I vacillate back and forth between the two daily. All this uncertainty has also made me a little bit moody. I am certain that I want/need/deserve a computer, though my parents don't think you will deliver. I still believe wholeheartedly though, and put my faith in you.
Love,
Your Spunky Little Elf,
Camryn
Translation:
Dear Santa,
I have been extremely good lately, though I've had my moments this year. I am still only four years old, but I try desperately every day to do all that my older sister does. I said I really want an American Girl Doll, because it's something my sister wants, so it must be good. (Wanna know a secret, though? I'm not so sure I really understand why those dolls are any more special than the 4,000 I already have! Shhh!) To be quite honest, I will be ecstatically happy with anything that you bring me. I'm just so darn excited that it is Christmas!
Love,
Your Happy, Bouncy Elf,
Aubrey
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Love those little elves, even the spunky one.
Looks like they are getting a kitten for Christmas!!!!!
Love your sisters comment, a kitten! Goodness what are all our kids going to want next year? A car perhaps.
Post a Comment