I wonder if my fabulous and well meaning husband knew what he was in for when he suggested, "Why don't you get out of the house for awhile on Mother's Day? Go do something fun. See a movie, go out to lunch, whatever. Don't worry, I'll take care of the girls." Hee, hee. Who was I to argue???
So, after starting my day with some extra Zzzz's, and strawberry waffles (my favorite!), my sister and I spent the afternoon with our mom shopping and dining sans strollers, diapers, and feeding breaks. Although heavenly, and much enjoyed, it felt strange too. Without all of that kid paraphernalia to heft around, I felt a bit naked. (You mean all I have to carry is my purse? No stroller to push? No carseat to lug? No diaper bag? Sippy cup? Tuckered out toddler?) Weird. But nice.
I returned home energized, and ecstatic that I could listen to my own music, at whatever volume I deemed necessary all the way there. The girls seemed to have a fun day at home with dad (he chose not to fight the "I want to wear my PJs all day" battle), and he was still willing to BBQ salmon for dinner! Yum!
By bathtime, I think a day in my shoes was taking it's toll on dear old dad. Though he was happy to take over my usual activities all day, he was beginning to drag. His usual mental sharpness had dulled, and he was ready to hit the hay soon after the girls.
I know my husband understands how hard full time mommies work. But I think a "Happy Mudda's Day" for me yesterday, was truly enough to make him look forward to going to work today.
"Fodda's Day" on the other hand, ought to be a piece of cake. Just another day for me... :)
Just kidding. I love you, honey.
1 comment:
Happy Mothers Day Mrs. B!!!
-Sarah Doan
Post a Comment