Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Neglectful

These are apparently the only two creatures who get any care around here. ;)


Yes, I realize it's been awhile since I've posted (for those of you who have inquired.) Have no fear however, dear readers, as my blog is not the only thing being neglected right now.

Since it is September, and we both work in schools, and September IS the craziest month in education by far, basically, our life for the past few weeks has consisted of: going to work, making dinner, doing laundry, playing with the girls, and sleeping (a little). That's it. It sounds simple, but it's kept us frantically busy.

So I wasn't too surprised tonight when Camryn pointed out that I've been neglecting to care for myself, among other people/things/animals/etc. As we were eating dinner, she examined me with a quizzical look, tilted her head to the side, and inquired, "Why are your eyebrows so big?"

Nice. Thanks, kid. Way to boost old Frazzled Mom's ego. I guess maybe sometime soon I ought to peer a little closer in the mirror, with tweezers in hand, and find out just how neglectful I've been. I can't wait.

3 comments:

Will and Sandy said...

We can always count on our little ones to tell us how we look. The Honest Truth!

Erickson Family said...

Only our children can say thing like that.

Unknown said...

The mysteries if life!
I used to say strange things, too!
(actually I still do)
When I was 7 months old I was always saying "bick". Now I ask myself: "What does that even mean?"
I still confuse myself!
-Sarah Doan