Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Power of Santa

A classic Camryn tale I don't ever want to forget. You gotta love a girl with that much passion... :) Enjoy!

Friday we got out of the house for a bit to have a much-needed play date with the girls' friends, Taryn and Jada. It was a lovely break for all of us. All four girls got to run around and play, we moms got to talk to someone taller than 36 inches, and Brian even got a little Christmas shopping while we were gone. Ahhhh...

Camryn was having so much fun however, that she didn't want to leave after lunch. I mean she REALLY didn't want to leave. So much so, that for the first time in a looong time, she had one of her legendary tantrums. I'm talking a category 5, hurricane force, screaming, flailing, hysterical fit. It started as I tried to get the girls in the car, and continued as we drove home.

As I drove down Hall Boulevard, with size 10 Nikes pelting me in the back, and the decibles growing louder by the second, the bright idea hit. All I had to do was harness the power of the the big guy. Santa! I grabbed my cell phone and began "dialing."

"I'm calling Santa!" I said quite loudly. "I think he needs to hear about your behavior.
Well that was enough to just about send her over the edge.
"NO! DON'T CALL SANTA!!!!" she screamed hysterically.
"Then it is time to stop this fit. Now," I said, "Or I'm going to have to tell him about this."

And that was the end of it. Like the quiet calm in the wake of a hurricane. Only a few whimpers remained. She pulled it together instantly, like never before. It was almost eerie. It's just too bad that we parents only have three more days to use Santa to our advantage, because he truly is one powerful, magical elf. I am a true believer!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Santa is cool!

Ciao'
-Sarah Doan

Moore Family said...

Love it! Happy to know I am not the only one that use the jolly old guy to my advantage!!