Sunday, December 21, 2008

Sledding

Yesterday, we watched soft, white flakes fall all day long. It was our seventh day in a row under a blanket of white. By about 4:00, we were all going a bit stir crazy, and Camryn and her Daddy could no longer be contained.

Brian had called all over town trying to find us a sled, but it seems (as we thought) that we were about five days too late. Everyone was sold out. So we started scouring our house for a creative alternative. As we sat in the living room, racking our brains, my gaze settled on Aubrey's excersaucer. It has a perfectly rounded bottom, supported by three plastic legs. It only took a few minutes to disassemble it, and we had a makeshift saucer-style sled! Pretty ingenious, I thought.

Brian and Camryn spent the next 45 minutes or so sledding down our long, sloped driveway, and trudging back up again through the powder. Camryn absolutely LOVED it!!!

My little Eskimo, all bundled up.

Rosy cheeks afterward, and ready for some hot cocoa.

As I made her cocoa, she asked if we could stir in some "chocolate happys." After a little probing, I figured out that she wanted chocolate chips melted in. Not sure where and how she coined that phrase, but it fits!
Snow + sledding + warm chocolate = HAPPY!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's very cool!
I went sledding too! I went with Lily, Emily, and Frances! We had so much fun!

Ciao'
-Sarah Doan