Monday, August 15, 2011

Art camp

Last week, Camryn attended a 4-day art camp, where they explored multiple mediums (some brand new to her) all within the theme, "Planet Earth." The experience was awesome. She loves art so much, and this studio is literally an artsy kid's dream come true. They have everything you can imagine, and you are supposed to make a mess while you create! She was in heaven.

She came home with an entire portfolio, filled with sketches, chalk drawings, and watercolor paintings, among other things. My two favorite pieces however, were a paper mache bowl, made to look like a pond, and an acrylic painting of a tree, from the perspective of underneath the canopy. She used so many techniques to create it, and I can't wait to frame it. We're still waiting on her clay project to be fired, so that we can pick it up too, but I understand it's pretty. darn. cool. I think Camryn may just have found her niche. :)




No comments: