Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Eight years

Brian and I on our wedding day. Man, were we good looking (and skinny!) ;)

Today is our eight year wedding anniversary. I can't believe it...it feels like just yesterday that we celebrated in 98 degree heat with our friends and family. We certainly have been through a lot together in eight years, both good and bad. Some of the highlights (and lowlights) by the numbers:
  • Three moves
  • The purchase of one home
  • The addition of our "first child," our kitty Maggie
  • The deaths of one grandparent and two close friends
  • Four pregnancies: two losses and the birth of two beautiful daughters
  • The making of countless new friends
  • Watching two of those best(est) friends move away
  • Two teaching jobs
  • Too many coaching jobs to count
  • The death of our "dog"(big orange cat), Jack
  • Traveling to four states, and one foreign country
  • Three bouts with kidney stones (I had to throw that one in there!)
  • One car accident
  • One dislocated shoulder
  • Three years of graduate school for Melanie
  • Unending years of graduate school for Brian :)
  • And so much more!!!
No matter what happens, though, there's no one I'd rather experience the highs and lows with than you, Honey. Happy Anniversary!

3 comments:

Jessica Baker said...

Congrats! It's an impressive milestone, and I love that you have a tally of all your accomplishments.

Unknown said...

Cheers! You two are both so amazing! Wishing you many many many more years of list making together :-)

Yvonne said...

Congratulations! I know you will be happy for the rest of your life together!