Saturday, June 14, 2008

We're goin' to Disneyland!

The secret is out. We finally told Camryn yesterday. In just a few weeks, she'll be enjoying her first ever trip to Disneyland, and we absolutely cannot wait.

At this point, I'm positive that Brian and I are much more excited than she is. We cannot wait to see her priceless expression as she takes it all in. And oh, the grin that she'll have when she comes face to face with "her" princess, Cinderella. It will be a moment for the scrapbook, I'm sure!

"Why not wait until she is older?" we've been asked. "Will she be able to remember it?"

I have two answers to that:
#1 Have you MET Camryn? She has a mind like a steel trap. She can recall minute details of locations we've been to once, even two years ago. She can remember her favorite meal at every restaurant she's ever visited down to the types of veggies they serve, and she reminds us all the time of things we said or did months, or even years ago. No exaggeration. I think she'll be able to recall her first encounter with a "real" princess.

#2 Brian and I both felt strongly that we wanted her to experience the magic of Disneyland while it still truly is real to her. It won't be too many years before she figures out that that blue dress and blonde hair is just a really cool costume, and that there's another head inside of Mickey's! We want her to experience that purely blissful feeling of truly believing it all.

So soon enough, we'll head on down to Anaheim, soak up some California sun, and act like kids again as Camryn experiences her first ride in a flying elephant, her first spin in a teacup, and learns proper princess etiquette at our lunch with royalty.

I just hope I pack enough batteries for the camera.

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

You guys will have a great time! I went to DisneyWorld when I was 3 and still remember it :)

Unknown said...

I couldn't wait for you to tell her once you told us in class!!!

-Sarah Doan

Will and Sandy said...

Have a great time! We have a lot of friends that have gone with kids younger than Camryn and they say it is a major hit and truly MAGICAL!

Yvonne said...

She's going to have an AWESOME time at Disneyland! I went there when I was 5 1/2 and the rides are amazing and the costumes seemed very real to me! Have a wonderful time there! Yvonne

[jessica] said...

OOH we are jealous!!!
--Jess and Ryan