Friday, June 20, 2008

Why didn't I become a neurologist?

Well folks, the dry streak has ended. After about three weeks without one, Aubrey started having her "episodes" again yesterday. We're up to about six or seven as of tonight. We were back at the pediatrician today, because of this as well as the fact that she was projectile vomiting all over me this morning. I do mean projectile, and I also mean all over me. What a way to start the day...

In any case, the doctor is still unsure exactly what's going on. Reflux is still a possibility, though her symptoms aren't exactly classic. She's recommending that we go ahead and see the pediatric neurologist to try and definitively rule out anything neurological. Of course it will likely take another month before we can get an appointment, but in the meantime the good news is that Aubrey appears healthy, is gaining weight well, is right on track developmentally, and doesn't seem particularly bothered by any of this.

I, on the other hand, may go crazy as I attempt to have the video camera ready at a moment's notice, and sufficiently capture one on tape. I don't remember signing up for this...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is really weird and sorry about starting the day with the vomit attack! That sounds wonderful!!!! (sarcastically speaking)

-Sarah Doan

Rebecca said...

Give me a call if you need a name of a doctor who specialize in reflux. My friends twins had it really bad and they had a great doctor up at OHSU

Will and Sandy said...

We are thinking about you.If you need us to watch Camryn for the appointment let us know. :)